Friday, January 26, 2007

Leave a message at the beep.

Today starts my ventures about the southwest and Rocky Mountains over the next ten days. I leave in a couple hours for ASHRAE in Dallas. 2 days of sles meetings, dinners and hospitality suites and another day and half of product show and suites. The room ain't cheap but I am splitting it with a coworker. The flight is taken care of via a credit from a trip I was supposed to take last spring. It could be intersting. Most meals and some alcohol is comped but I am going with an agenda other than just having fun a learning this year. It's all about networking and getting my name out. Hopefully I will have some good leads when I return. Hopefully I will also find out if everything is really bigger in Texas. We'll see, and if i do, it will make for some good reading later on. I mean why not, it's not like I am going to have to deal with anything past the next four days.
I get two days to pretend to catch up in the office and get some house chores such as laundry done before heading to Colorado with Poot and a couple of his boys to go skiing. That is a straight fun trip. No doubt. Super Bowl parties at 9000 feet should be a good time. I would say cheap drunk too, but I know nothing out there is cheap. At least it takes less, especially when it's my favorite beer, Fat Tire. Can't get it east of the mighty Mississippi so I must enjoy it as much as possible while there.
If anything fun or interesting happens, I'll throw a post up at my earliest opportunity.


Beep............

No comments: