Tuesday, March 06, 2007

CEO

We've all seen those cheesy sayings, especially on shirts. Thing's like "The only problem with winning the rat race is you're still a rat." and "You are the CEO of your life." I'm sure someone who reads this has a parent with a shirt or note pad with emblazoned upon it. If you have this(and are under 50) you shold be shot to help rid the world of lameness.
Anyway, with all that is going on I've decided to have one of those CEO moments. A plethora of options are presenting themselves but one that stands out to most is Vegas. I'm gonna let it pass. I've heard both ends of the spectrum on living in the town and there seems to be no middle ground. More importantly, the position requires a minimum two year time committment, in my mind, to really get established and make headway. It would be in sales with equipment I am not currently up to speed on so a product learning curve would occur first then relationship building. My gut says I'll be wanting to head back east in a few years. Some have voiced concern that I would go wild out there. That't not it. Being away from those folks as they have families as well as being away from mine is my concern. Doing something like that at a young age would probably be fun, no disagreement. Let me go be a facilities engineer and live it up then. Otherwise, I see no reason wasting the time and money a trip would consume for a position I am having stronger and stronger reservations on taking. There are options on the coast and I love nothing more than drinking and being on the water so I think I have plenty of fun options around.

No comments: