Friday, June 01, 2007

What's Wrong Here?

We've had two temp's in our office helping with phones and some secretarial work this week due to family illness issues keeping some of our normal support staff out. The first one sucked so I don't care that she didn't come back. No surprise. The other is here and owrking up front. I think she is different from the one yesterday. I didn't pay enough attention to lock in what the other one looked like other than she had one of those funny pull over hair do's with the hair on the "pulled from side" cut really close. Anyway, the one here today is driving a Mercedes ML type SUV. It sports a vaniety tag reading "BlkBarbie." I kid you not. Obviosuly not mom or dad's car. I jsut wanna know how payments are taken care of on a temp workers payroll unless she is doing this to fill time between normal jobs or works like 18 hours a day doing other stuff too. I thought I had de-senstized myself to stuff like this but I was shaking my head again this morning, so I guess not. Doesn't "that" Barbie have a name anyway?


***********UPDATE****************
I officially feel like a fool. I overheard an introduction of the the temp from last week to the lady she was in for this morning. She was brought in as our regular person was iffy depedning on her husbands health after the weekend. Anyway, the temp apparently has served time in Iraq with our armed forces. To what extent and in what role, I don't know, but either way I should maybe not be so quick to judge in the future. It's something I do, I know it, and this time it made me the fool....again.

3 comments:

Agent Orange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Double D said...

YEs, yes you are. Go hit a turkey and hope the PETA folksdon't catch you.

In other news on the subject, the Rims and Tint are by Dirty South Customs of Charlotte. I was disappointed to see they weren't by 704 Customs, on South Blvd near the office.

Lawtonfunk said...

You b@stard.