Friday, October 22, 2004

Whatown

Whatown


Why are we forced to work on Friday's? I mena really, we come in, pray the boss is either off, or leaving early. Any man between the ages of 22 and 60 is probably spending half his time on ESPN.com. There is no point. We should all just meet for lunch about 12:30 at the local BBQ join, go ahead with the Monday meeting then. Knock back a cold one since no one is going back to the office and call it a week. Wouldn't this also allow us to be productive on Monday's when everyone else is in meetings and the phones aren't ringing? Ok, I better get back to making my college football picks, I mean work.

2 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Well that was just a little bit incoherent. I expected nothing else. You might be on to something, but I guarantee whatever the last 4 hours of the week are, no one is going to do anything.

I took a different tact today. I slept in. I had no meetings nor classes. I just got to the office. For once I actually feel like being here and maybe I'll even get some work done today.

It is noteworthy that I MUST be here at 4:00 to pick up some papers. To bad I can't cut early and run.

-nobrainer

Lawtonfunk said...

I just spoke with my electrical supervisor about boats. Mine has a bad battery. She and her husband, my manager, have a Crownline, "The Mercedes of Boats." I have read ESPN, many blogs, and posted a couple comments. Fortunately, I did not cream in my jeans over Hayze's friend's post. so, no embarrassing moment at work for me. I have no real work today. I just finished everything for the week. I'm going to look for a new boat to buy in 5 years, zone out for a while, take a long lunch, and go home on time at 4:30. I feel like I've been waiting for the Clemson game since Wednesday.