Monday, November 14, 2005

Tee Oh Double Trainwreck.

Well, this is what I remember:
Friday night, I had a few with the Rochmanfords, got cornered by the ex, let my inner monologue answer for me out loud and made an ass of myself to prevent getting what I was assuming to be cornered in a booth. I followed this up with hitting on some girl named Ashley that was in TTT with a an engineer I call on here in Charlotte, and his wife. During conversation, I got invited back to the Lake Hartwell Inn but with an early morning and knowing everyone would be in town the next night, I decided to test my luck with said girl the next night, mistake.
Saturday started fine. I got much more of a buzz than anticipated pregame. I didn’t do anything completely stupid and was working on being nothing much more than entertainment. Even got a little beer pong in with some younger frat clubbers and showed I could still hang, or so I thought. First quarter went great. Second quarter I got frustrated and left at the half. I was yelling overly loud to “smash their faces in.” With families in front of us, it was best I not come back. I though FSU would roll on us anyway after the 2nd quarter so I stayed out at the tailgate with Kiwi and listened on the radio while resting peacefully. 4 hours sleep Friday wasn’t cutting it after a long week coupled with early morning alcohol. Post game rolled around and I thought it good to celebrate our big win. Mistake #2. Once the short bus pulled out of the station (aka getting out of said chair) a train wreck was inevitable. I know lots of hard core drinking was involved. I think I commandeered a beer pong slot, and hit on some 18 yr/o for a very long time. I turned up a bottle of Jack, then about spit half of it out, leaving a slober string about 2 ft long between my mouth and the ground. I didn’t know what was coming out of which hole at that point. Everyone around me backed off as they were afraid of the same. Memories are blurry for awhile after that. I ended up at Peppinoes where I filled a coke cup full of whatever I had consumer previously. I don’t think I was eating at that point and had my fill of the day. Drinking had been haulted and I wanted nothing more than to be sober again. Bouts of extreme tiredness lingered as I worked on being sober. A bouncer at TTT once asked me to raise my head from a counter or I would have to leave. I promptly raised said head. I though I had gotten a 4th wind at some point, but I was wrong and that energy quickly faded. Around midnight I made it back to the car and sat there zoned out and trying to snooze a moment or two. Driving home wasn’t hard with regards to drunkenness, I was however struggling to keep my eyes open as I was shot. Made it back to the house only to get confused about which house I was staying at. I entered the wrong persons side garage door and promptly noted “this is wrong”. I though I had beat everyone home thoroughly as Russ had given me the code to get inside, which I strangely still remember. I spent some more time in the car until I got cold, walked down the street and realized they were all home all of about 50 yards away (2 doors down). I marched in once Russ saw me milling around, explained that I was but wasn’t lost and went right to bed which is all I had cared to do for the past 2 hours.
Things to note: Drinking is fun, but I am too old to try and pull it off for double digit hours without water or Gatorade being mixed in anything stiffer than light beer.
Being a train wreck used to be funny but now is somewhat embarrassing. I’m just glad most of the people I will see in the next 8 months from the outting already expect this from me at some point or another.
If we all get together for New Years or a bowl game, I owe rides, food, a place to stay or extreme amounts of gratitude to too many people to list. Most of you know who you are. Next time we all get together, make me stop or remind me of this weekend. It doesn’t need to happen again.

Oh yeah, I don’t think I saw that Ashley girl again, if so, I am sure she had come to her senses. The Gentlemen Jack remains sealed.

8 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Excellent work, sir!

Agent Orange said...

That was the Wha we all came to see!

Lawtonfunk said...

Where the heck was beer pong? How did I miss out on that?

Remember, there is one thing more important than getting drunk-getting laid. If a girl asks you back to her place and you don't go, she feels rejected and doesn't want to see you again. Idiot. Call her soon, or never again. Ask yourself, why pass on booty? Why?

The Double D said...

Yeah the drunk part was not in affect Friday night and I knew there was no alone time if I went over there as folks were splitting a room. I really thought getting some sleep would help me avoid the inevitable Saturday. I was wrong.

Lawtonfunk said...

If by folks, you mean her folks, then okay. If you mean there would have just been another girl and guy in there to listen to you make out, well, grow up and get some.

Agent Orange said...

Refer to ghostbusters for the answer:
Next time someone asks you if you want to get laid, say yes

The Double D said...

So what you guys are saying is..."Wha, you are a moron, that was mistakes 1-100 of the weekend." and everything else was expected general stupidity. OK, got it.

Lawtonfunk said...

I personally believe the other stuff is all just having fun. I would call this your one mistake of the weekend.