Wednesday, April 19, 2006

At Least the Bar is Open

things are coming along much more slowly than anticipated with the house. I still don't have tables and entertainment center/stand on order, no bedding or mattress either. I still need to get some towels and flatware as well. The kitchen is pretty much good to go though and the cable and internet are hooked up. At this point, I have about 6 total chairs and a kick ass TV to go along with the fully stocked bar and at least a few pint and highball glasses. Basically the hearty can head this way, get drunk, riad the fridge or pantry and sleep on the aerobed or floor. Hopefully at this time next week large amounts of progress will be made. The tables should be on order, the towels and flatware will be taken care of, hopefully a mattress will be in the works and a majority of my furniture should be delivered. I also plan to do some yard work and paint the garage. Neither of these should be a big deal but are going to take a few hours. By 9 each night, I will probably be shot...so the Jack won't take quite the hit before I crater for the night. A couple big weekends and things should be all good and maybe I can start enjoying the promixity to the lake as the neighbors hit it up last weekend and said it was wonderful.

3 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Where do you squeeze in the slump-buster?

The Double D said...

I don't for a couple more weeks. No point trying to bust it if I don't have the time to pursue accordingly or the house in form to seal the deal if I do get a taker. I've got a plan up my sleeve though.

Nobrainer said...

Got your arm stuck in your shirt again?