Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Third times a charm

When shopping for appliances in Charlotte, Queen City appliance has pretty darn good pricing. Your pleasurable experience will stop there! If you have the ability or desire to rent a truck/Uhaul and your own team of movers, then maybe. I am guessing "delivery" from the box stores will be cheap enough to offset this expense and the difference in prices.
This morning, at about 10 AM, the third attempt to deliver my fridge and dryer occured, finally with success. Last tuesday they were to be dropped off with washer and TV as I wrote about previously. This happened about 4:45 and I was supposedto be in class at 5:30. Showed at 7 and quickly began finding out my purchase location was a mistake. Since then I have had no less than 5 other people tell me the prices are good but service sucks worse than the carousel-o-morons you deal with in the box stores. Thanks for the advanced warning (not that I asked anyone really but they knew I was shopping)folks! I willsay the delivery guys were not too abd andtoday's crew, as opposed to the guys from last tuesday and Saturday were extremely quick. I think it was a more balanced squad with both capable instead of one who was pushing to get done and the other quite slow. Grand total I was given a combined 12 hour time period in which to wait for my appliances. I played last Tuesday to a tee, showing up at the house after them though I was promised advance notice that never happened. Saturday they arrived at 11:15...tail end of the AM delivery time frame. I had little to nothing to do that morning either as I still had essentials shopping to do prior to unpacking as it took maybe 30 minutes to unload that mornings run. Today they had me captive until 11 with installation and everything. I was the second stop. Wow, that's bad turnover between stops. About 3 yesterday I received a call confirming the PM delivery for today. Needless to say I was one notch below "It fell the f*ck off" pissed. Apparently my comments to the dispatch and service people were well heeded at some point. Having not received a later AM, first stop confirmation I called in around 6:15 and left a rather scathing message. When I finally talked to someone this morning I wasscheduled for thte second stop. Amazing what threatening forcing a refund and taking business elsewhere will do I guess. I'm just happy I was home as I thought about heading to work and forcing them to call but had taken enough stuff home to work on and keep busy this morning. That same 1 hour note on the ticket from last week was put into affect 10 minutes prior to delivery. How do I know. I used the one hour delivery warning as ample time to get to Hardees 5 minutes away for breakfast and watch the Queen City truck turn towards the house from the drive thru lane. I was back in under 15 (slow ass drive thru) and they were unloading as I pulled in.
Now if the dryer will have cut itself off and the fridge will still be on when I get home things will be back on track. I'm just happy I was home when they came by.

No comments: