Monday, May 29, 2006

Loooong Weekend

Well, here is a quick update of the long weekend: Aforeblogged about dating fiasco straightened out. Was taken not jsut to grille out with the other couple but a whole crowd of folks, most if not all of whom already knew girl and were paired off. So, as Agent as mentioned, I was taken out in public. Another date is in the works for Thursday probably, then Buffett concert in a week. The rest of the weekend went as follows: fiasco scheduling began Friday, I drank a 6 pack of Bass and packed it in for the night around 1. Did house stuff Saturday like wiring the bedroom stereo (the old faithful set most are familiar with). Recaptured the apartment fan, and painted the ceiling of the garage. All painting now done. Went out Saturday night with a friend nad stared at lots of nice scenery at a couple venues in Southend and Uptown while avoiding Speed Street crowds. Yesterday, Coca Cola 600. Drank from 11:30 through end of race (you can take beer in) . Got seperated from the crowd I was with early as there were plenty of seats and the one I ended up in was in roughly the right area. Started walkin back to car after race, still seperated. Became directionally challenged but knew of the main road I needed to be on. Started walking and later jogging once I was on the road with only cars passing me. Cell phone rendered useless due to high volume of calls. Was picked up about 6-7 miles into my voyage "home" by one of the car loads of people I had been with, approximately an hour and half after race. I think I am now known as Forrest Gump with those guys. Home and passed out in bed around 1. Woke up with Wal-Mart feet/legs from the journey and took it easy msot of the day. Trying to swap out fans this afternoon. Would be easy if the existing one would come off the damn ceiling. Put up some window shears in the front foyer around the door. Putting an end to any voyerism. Any suggestions on how to remove the initial mount of a suspended ceiling fan owuld be appreciate. Thing doesn't twist and there are no accessible screws that I can find. Much more frustration and there may be a rather hefty drywall repair bill for ripping it out in unconventional manners. Heilmann stopped in with the Missues to get the car as I was about to leave. He was little lighter in step. I wonder why? That brings us back to the date thing and being in public. Typical Wha events already cleared for the weekend so it was a safe bet for her. That's it. Hope everyone else had a great weekend, all in all, I can't complain.

1 comment:

Nobrainer said...

So will you still get to be seen in public with this woman?