Thursday, September 07, 2006

Chowda!

This weekend bring on one of my first true road trips to watch the Tiger's play since fall of '00 when we watched a debacle at the hands of FSU in Doak Campbell then laughed for the next month as the voters from the same state couldn't figure out how to punch a ballott card, but I digress. True, I have madea couple over night trips to Raleigh but when you are crashing on a friends couch, is it really much different than going back for a home game and doing the same at a friends place in Clemson?
Big weekend planned. Touching down in the land of uber-liberal dems with funky accents and good seafood around midnight. Nothing on the agenda specifically for the day tomorrow but a Red Sox game is in line for tomorrow night. Tickets are around for everyone making the trip. Late night possibly planned following the Sox game.
Saturday is the main course with the BC/Clemson game kicking off about 3:30 on ABC so keep your eyes open for us. Plenty of tailgating isplanned for pregame. Psot game is still a mystery as who knows what energy we will have following the day. Hopefully a good meal in the Italian north end will be on tap but I have no problem grabbing some seafood on the wharf. We'll see how that shakes out. A good report will follow I am sure. Return Sunday morning. Early flight out, layover in ATL, and back to the Queen City around 2, hopefully in time to get into something fun in that afternoon/evening unless I fall on my face from exhaustion.

2 comments:

Agent Orange said...

I am SOOOO expecting one hell of a write up on the gnomes from you as you were the only one experiencing the piss pooredness first hand.

The Double D said...

Yeah, because I can get to the gnomes page and because any of our readers can find it now either.