Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fitty Cent

Roughly the amount gas prices have dropped in the past month or so. Some will point to the decrease in traffic with the summer travel season past, others say futures pointed that way prior to Labor day, I say we were getting screwed all along. Nothing in Iran or Iraq has really improved. Yeah, discussions are headed in the right direction but did you see what Iran said today? "Things would be calmer in Iraq if the US wasn't there." If this isn't sneaky attempt to say if you leave things will calm, I mean, give us an opportunity to take finish what was started 25 years ago and raged for 8+ years, I don't know what is.
Anyway, that is another story, but as for the gas, I find it quite humourous. There are three gas stations at my work exit. At 7:45 AM they were either $2.59 or $2.64 a gallon. At 1:30PM they were all $2.49 for regular unleaded and the premium was down around the regular prices from a couple days ago. Just this week I think they are down between $.15 and $.20 a gallon. Rhyme nor reason to this other than oil per barrel has dropped. I jsut find it amazing how much they can drop this. We all knwo the basic trend of running up fast and cutting back slowly but to drop back this fast over a couple days? Makes you wonder how bad we are getting shafted.

4 comments:

Nobrainer said...

You shafted yourself when you bought an SUV.

Agent Orange said...

I think that the house and senate are just prepping for the upcoming elections. make the public happy on the number 1 complaint from the leyman and they will keep you in office.

Nobrainer said...

I'd be impressed of the mofos in Congress had managed to open ANWR and coastal drilling... but apparently a majority isn't good enough with those foppish dandies.

The Double D said...

Yeah, when gas was like $1.25. I knew it would go up but not 150%. I do average about 18 to the gallon still and run on regular. When I was shopping them other model got less mileage (4-Runner) or recommended Premium (Pathfinder) so I definitely haven't taken it on the chin as bad as some SUV owners. $2.50 vs $1.25 is a big jump regardless of how many gallons becuase we all roughly know how long we can last on a tank and what it runs to refill and when that changes dramatically, it's noticable.