Sunday, September 30, 2007

10 Yr Reunion

Last weekend I attended my 10yr HS reunion back in TN. Stayed at my mom's on Friday night and at the location of the Reunion Saturday. To give an idea of the lay out of this place, think convention center type place with a hotel tower (6-7 floors) on one end of the building, a decently sized bar and lobby area along with a very large outdoor patio, then the far side of the building are the ball rooms.
Highlights were as followed.
Alcoholess tailgate prior to the HS game Friday night.
Me doing 42 push-ups on a platform held up by 4 scrwany HS kids ala the Tiger at Clemson games. Search youtube for my name and 42 pushups. I'm not stupid enough to post the link.Yes this was on a dare and I made $25 for it. It kept people interested in the game too so that was fun.
A set up basketball game with 12 of us playing full court complete with scoreboard and ref. 32 minutes of basketball. 53 total points and lots of shots. It was fugly basketball but one of hte most fun sporting events I have particpated in since HS. We even had shirts made up. I may get a pic link of that action up at some point.
The reunion complete with competitions to see which table would go to the buffett line first. So mishandled the last three tables were waiting to win a competition while there was no buffett line. They did show a slide show with pictures of past and present which was pretty cool. I definetly dipped it low, grinded on married women with their spouses there, did a little Vanilla Ice dance, then hit on a chic there with two kids and currently going through a divorce. She was sans kids and soon to be ex husband.
I walked back and forth making my own cheap and strong drinks a couple times before saying screw it and bringing in a bottle of ginger ale and a bottle of Jack (empty water bottles refilled) to keep my own party going. We ended up on said patio after midnight when the party was ended due to contract. They let us drink our own stuff without question as late as we wanted as long as there were no complaints from other guests. I was up until after 3 though everything after 1:30 is a blur.
Checked out on time (I think), went back to my mom's, slept a couple more hours, and got back here around 8:30 that Sunday night.
It was a helluva weekend as most of my HS crew was in for this. It was great seeing everyone, especially as I have missed out on a few gatherings those guys have put together since. Hopefully we can get together like that more often and the emails about in general things that have happened are still popping up. I just hope we can keep the college crew doing the same regarding getting together in mass.

6 comments:

Lawtonfunk said...

Holy crap. My favorite is the rebel flag in the background!

Anonymous said...

Funny, I searched youtube.com for "____ ______ 42 push ups" and it showed me an old episode of "Life Goes On" where they let the retarded kid out on the football field and everybody cheered. Must be a glitch in their search engine.

Agent Orange said...

Wow, Elder.......that was bad.

7103977 said...

You barely flexed your arms after the 30th pushup. Were your breasts getting in the way?

The Double D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Double D said...

Look at the faces of the four scrawny kids holding me up. They couldn't hold that board up any more. That thing was shaking under me like a freaking earth quake by the end. I was happy to get done before they either dumped me or shook it to the point I lost balance and went down to one side. The kid they normally hold up and had been putting up earlier in the game was all of a buck 40, probably less and had just come off of it from his regular routine. I was easily another 50 pounds up there and they didn't have any rest.