Saturday, September 01, 2007

I love you, Tonya

Yes, Tonya. At this moment, I love her very, very much. You are probably asking who this person is and why I love her. Well, Tonya was my customer service rep for Time Warner Cable. See, on Thursday, I ordered the ESPNHD package for college football season. When you have a decent TV, it should be put to use this time of year. Sunday's are for yard work and house chores. Saturday's are for beer and college football. Well, I ordered the package at work and was instructed to check it out when I got home that evening but everything should be good. With the use of computers they can adjust your service now with just a few key strokes, or so I thought. Well, with previous committments on Thursday I didn't get to check on the service but did last night. I found quickly that I did not have my HD ESPN, or the Deuce. After searching around, I did find that I had some kind of Major League Baseball package with a bunch of games. Nice consolation prize I guess but not what I wanted. Now keep in mind, I was on the phone 15-20 minutes just to say "Hey, upgrade my HD package to include ESPNHD, thanks." So last night I get on the phone and get what I assume to be a trainee. I was on hold for nearly 15 minutes before I got a voice then was on with her for an additional 30 minutes. I reset the box, checked the channels, etc. I was put on hold for a few minutes. Supervisors were supposedly being used, I don't know. Then I went on hold and got the same intiall music I get when you first dial into the system. It was time to head out and I punted. Total time on the phone, 1hr and 10min. Read here to see other great communications companies and their service. Got home last night with fingers crossed, no dice. Well, I jumped on after Gameday this morning and thought i was going to get more of the same. On hold for a customer service rep for about 10 minutes, then I got Tonya. Told her the issue, what I think had happened with the MLB package and that I was a TWC customer because of the local Adelphia service buyout about a year ago. Within five minutes, I was looking at the clean, crisp, clear HD ball game while the MLB package was being cancelled. I was elated and Tonya could tell as she got a chuckle out of my candidness. I'm glad there are a few diamonds in the rough, that actually know their jobs, in the customer service world.

2 comments:

Lawtonfunk said...

Sunday afternoon I was watching Superman Returns when my DVR cut off and said I was not authorized for service. I called and an american guy answered the phone. I was so happy he wasn't some indian named 'John' I almost crapped my pants. He said he lived in G'ville and had had the same problem the night before. Something was wrong with system, but he knew exactly how to fix it. We fixed it in 10 minutes.

Nobrainer said...

When I was having my problems with Sprint, I did talk to one American guy. He was just as unintelligible as the people for whom English is not a primary language.