Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Random Weekend

This past weekend was quite random. After taking my 2 hour post work Friday nap I got up and running just in time to catch a ride to the Rusty Rudder. The lake action is usually stronger on Friday's as that crowd is typically done and done come Saturday nights. The crowd was surprisingly week and I attribute it to the pre-season game for the Panthers that were in town. That was fine as a couple of us hung on the porch; I drank $1.50 beer and got a free ride out of it. Low key with cheap beer. Works for me. During the time there I received a call from a 919 (Raleigh-Durham area) but don't know the number. It was definitely female and had it been on a voice message I would have enjoyed it for many nights to come. Apparently someone wanted to enjoy the rest of the evening (the call came in around 12:15) with me and was at a bar down town. I have no clue what the name was but they claim to know me from a bar downtown we have been frequenting on Thursday night the past couple months. I was told in some very descript terms what they wanted to do, they wanted to know where I was and why I wasn't at the bar I had met them. I had excused myself about 30 seconds into the call. While standing on the side deck I still couldn't figure out who it was and wasn't going to ask again. I laughed heartily, told them if they wanted me they needed to come to the lake and let it go. Having taken a long nap I was up around 2:30 after getting dropped off at home. I decided I would find out who this was as I suspected it to be a prank via a friend of a friend’s phone from someone who knew where I headed out too periodically. At 2:40 they answered and went back into the same dialogue questioning my manliness as I hadn’t come downtown to meet them. They asked for my address and I told them simply to get in a cab, come to my exit, and I would guide them from that point. I went to bed and didn’t get a call but I also haven’t figured out who it was either. Inquiring minds want to know as it was a helluva prank or I missed out on the easiest action since, well I won’t go into that.
Saturday was good times. Lilley and wife ventured up to the lake and we headed to the sandbar and watched girls dance like strippers on the other boats. Matt and I also got the tailgate game plan together for FSU and I issued the email upon returning home. Did a little yard work had one of the best evenings at home in quite some time. Hopefully I will be able to go into more details on that one in the future.
Sunday was pretty standard. Slept in, did housework. hung by the pool and had dinner and Skippy and wife’s then killed a bunch of time on the phone that evening with friends and primarily family.
Considering I had a really good weekend and don’t have anything other than the phone call off the wall to report, I found it kinda random, but I’ll take it anytime. A positive ending to the call and it would be damn hard to beat.

1 comment:

Lawtonfunk said...

That's crazy. I'm choosing to believe the call was real. Answering the phone at 2:40AM and going right back into the rant . . . that'd be a helluva joke.