Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I made fire....YAY!

So as many of you know from the plethora of prompted and unprompted emails today, we have a grille for football season. Granted I wanted one any way and have finally decided to say "Screw the man's rules!" I made the purchase Monday evening just before Lowe's closed up shop. It's a propane fire Char-broil. Took about an hour to assemble with no tools and minimal roommate assistance (the heat shield step was terribly depicted and I missed one of the profile shots on down the map size instructions). I test fired it and it ran without blowing me, or anything around me, to pieces. The proper angle for attaching the tank and the gas valve could prove interesting if inebriated but I can atest it won't spew random gas out to explode. Good job technology. The best part, it lays sideways in the back of the Jeep without any disassembly. Tank not inclusive in that statement needless to say. There is plenty of height to slide tables, etc, under it and other open spaces with the seat folded down for bag chairs, a cooler or two, gas tank, and other necessary supplies. All this and someone has passenger room to ride along. Thanks for making carpooling necessary Exxon! Assholes. The next question is can Wha make a boat appear on Lake Hartwell? Even some of the best laid plans seem to have their snags. I think this weekend’s may have been discovered. More to come on that front tomorrow, I am guessing. Keep an eye out and the fingers nimble and ready for comment.

No comments: