Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Books, Who Needs 'Em?

While many of the readers of this blog have spent some of the holiday down time enjoying various forms of literature, I have done nothing of the such. A couple investment guides have been sorted through between the flights out west and the "library" and that's about it. I prefer to spend my time blowing shit up on a computer game or indulging in a fine beverage while dumbing down in front of whatever the screen may have upon it in the living room. I find those who expose their literature findings (not the books but he profound wisdom/enlightenment/BS) to typically be somewhat pompous or arrogant. Unless of course the exposing is in my belly from some cookbook that was read. Fortunately, most of the banter is simply "I liked/disliked for reason A,B, or C." and not the arrogance. A handy tid bit of trivia answer is always appreciated in random conversation as well. With my attention span anything that can be published in hardback probably isn't going to get finished anyway, regardless of my interest in the subject, just ask my professors. Wait, no, they haven't realized I'm getting by with class attendance/participation and reading the handouts only. None the less, I have assembled a few of my favorite titles and authors for you here this evening. Raise your glass of single malt and crumpet and enjoy!

Yellow River - I.P. Freely
Under the Bleachers - Seymour Butts
Trail in the Sand - Peter Dragon
Caught on the Fence - Wong Huang Lo
Below Me, Trebek - S. Connery
Crab Shack - Poo Ti Tang
Don't Stop the Lovin' - Balou Ball

No comments: