Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Chicago

Well, I flew up, I ate, I drank (lots), I danced (with people wives mainly) , I partied, and I even did a little work. I stayed at the Talbot hotel, a couple blocks west of Michigan Ave and the top of the Magnificent Mile. Note to Agent, keep the Mrs. away at all cost. I recommend the digs and not because I lucked into a free room upgrade. Old school, nice, and not too expensive all things considered. I could go on and on about the trip and it was only 3.5 days. I will say one of the highlights was lunch on Sunday at Harry Caray's. It was walking distance to the hotel but most importantly to be the next best thing as he is essentially an icon and getting a trip to Wrigley in during the winter would have been tough and a little pointless other than some outside pics. Needless to say I had to order a hot dog and ice cold Budweiser. I was even wearinga white button down shirt. I didn't get any of the chili, mustard, relish, or cheese on me, which earned a ring of the bell from the barkeep. As you can see below it was a rather large dog and I loaded it out just out of principle. And when I saw Budweiser I mean it. Harry wouldn't be drinking that light stuff and neither was I. Email pics should circulate with a picture of me in action on that hotdog, or checkout my facebook gallery. It was agreat experience. Chalked full of Cubs memorabilia and soon to sport a display for the Chi-Sox success of this past fall (Harry broadcast 10 yrs for them prior to being a Cubby). A few sales people from other office were there with me and one actually recommended it prior to knowing about me beinga Cubs fan. I said hell yes and jumped onthe option needless to say. I think I was pretty much like a kid in a candy store until we finally had to report back to work meetings later that afternoon. Other details about the trip may get posted later but I had to get these two pics up and a blurb about it for those of you who catch a ride on the shortbus through Whatown every now and then.

2 comments:

Agent Orange said...

In short:
Wha found heaven....the end

Nobrainer said...

I'm a little jealous