Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Helmet Time

As I have decided to run head on into the 21st century,I figure that shit better be strapped on tight. My laptop was purchased about 10 days ago and has been in my possession since this past Friday. Dell, pretty muchloaded out for any needs. Currently in the process of completing software installation. Finished it off, or so I hope, with Office tonight. I'm sure there will be a program or two at work but the major ones are on here I think. All the necessary home apps are loaded less Bit Torrent and AVG and as their uses are essentially one and the same, I don't know that I will be loading these seeing as this will be used at the office on a regular basis and logged into the network. The last great hurdle I see is getting all my email off my other computer moved to this one along with files 2 years old and less from the server and primarily C drive. All the networking stuff has been taken care and the XP Pro upgrade through Dell was a good call. Cheaper and necessary with server compatibility. The pertinents most of you are looking for: 80G, 500 MB RAM (expandable), 1.83 Ghz, 15.1" widescreen, internal wireless and ethernet, Radeon graphics card. As I add cool stuff, screw up software, or find it a handy toilet replica ala Hug-a-bunch, I'm sure you'll see it here first, especially considering I now have 3 computers that I am the primary on, though the upgrade is intended to knock out at least one of them. Of ocurse, should I really download Hooker 6.9 then I may be too dehydrated to type for a few days so if I am absent, you know why.

2 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Talk to Funk about how to transfer your "my documents" from one computer to another. I think that should take care of the email issue.

I managed to do that when I got my new hard drive, but I'm not exactly sure how I did it and I did screw some things up in the process.

Agent Orange said...

just network your computers and click and drag to your hearts content. XP has a pretty simple network setup function installed in it. And good job on the purchase