Saturday, February 18, 2006

Frozen Over

In more than one way I think this is happening to Charlotte this weekend. For starters, I am going on a date tomorrow. Completely blind though I saw a pic of the girl in a yearbook provided by the women I work with who is responsible, via her children. I'm not afraid but recognize her from a while back and hope she doens't do the same, just in case I did something stupid (shocker there). This isn't the news though. I told Skippy I would take him out for his birthday like a month ago and finally was able to follow through. Hit Fox and Hound for a good dinner then went to a Martini place called Therapy, primarily toget a parking ticket validated (which we didn't and should have but only cost 5 bucks). Sat down and had an Young's double Chocolate Stout. I've had it before, comes in a pint bottle, a little strong, quite good. Did you expect me to have a martini or any other drink without the word Jack in it? Anyway, the waitress starts chatting us (me) up. notices the Clemson rings. She is a USuCk fan but went to COC. Skippy and I figure out where she is from. BAMBURG..hahahah. She definitely know Jeffords and her dad was her dentist. Well, she continues to show interest. Being a Martini joint we ask which she likes. One with a little Jager is mentioned, I notice and call her on it. Magically about 10 minutes later Skippy and I get treated (comped) to a Jager Bomb split two ways. It was good and according to the delivery person (not our waitress) they were from an admirer. 10 minutes later, it happen again. Comped not once, but twice! Hence, with the weather moving in and this, hell is freezing over. Skippy swears I was the one with the magic as he wasn't speaking much and she kept coming around and making lots of eye contact. She was cute, petite, and very friendly. Not the type I typically pull for no reason. We will see how all this goes but it was a nice change to have a woman (women) comp drinks, show interest, and be pleasant to talk to. My card with a note and my cell number on the back made it's way to the signed check. I almost got caught placing it but even pulled that off smoothly. I'll take it, especially if she actually calls. Things are looking up again but as I mentioned, rough weather is moving in and Charlotte may freeze over. If it does, everything will make sense, if not, back to the routine.

4 comments:

Agent Orange said...

He shoots.....he scores!! Double D must have been wearin the khakis and a polo!

Nobrainer said...

Indeed. The world is on the precipice of a major catastrophe.

-njjcrll

Lawtonfunk said...

You're one step closer to sleeping withing her and not calling.

Did you ever notice that sociopaths seem to have not trouble with women. They aren't intimidated by anything and have no remorse.

Nobrainer said...

I wish I was a sociopath.