Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Whatta Week

The past week started slow but as the watched pot doesn't boil, if you tok your eye off of it, you turned around to see it boiling over with things to talk about.

First, I returned to the gym in the other Under Armour top. No bleeding, but a little rubbing. Had potential to boil over so to speak but I lived. That was Thursday I believe. Friday, no serious gym issues with the shirt, didn't wear the armour. Today, I was good until I got home and knocked out the sit-ups. Nice little surprise when I looked down, yep, a little trail. I think it get's accentuated by the fact the armour pulls the sweat from the area it comes (top to bottom on me) so it gets ugly fast, none the less, embarrassing.
2nd on the list is SuperMac. He got published with the MACBOOST. anyone that can pull this off gets my props. And you thought he was a slacker? Get him motivated and you are screwed. He'll show you and everyone else their ass as seen above. Good job Mac, sell the hell out of em and remember the little people who help publicize (pimp) you later on. Congrats!
Next thing on the list, the folks came to town. As always a couple of good dinners and drinks on them. Oldest sister came as well with a friend. Always cool to have her in town. Got to impart big bro warnings on both of them as they are getting prepped for college in a year. I'm the big bro you all hated because I warned them in advance. Sue me, I'm actually responsible a little bit. Who'da thunk it?
Well while the folks were in town, we took a look at a couple houses that I had narrowed down from my search. There opinion was clear and was the shot in the arm that made the difference in the waffling I was going through. Newer house, near Lake Norman and all the fun stuff vs. older house near Ballantyne and all that has to offer. It boiled down to cash now and later vs. just cash now. I know the neighbors through work in Huntersville and now I am entered into a contract on it. Check it out here, Guess that means there is a place to crash in Charlotte now. At least plenty of floor space because really, what single guys needs furniture future women will want to replace anyway?
Guess that's it. Pending all the inspections and paperwork, I close in a month on March 31. Fun times. Taking Home of the Double D to a new level.

9 comments:

The Double D said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Agent Orange said...

I knew Mac would rule the world....shortly after he almost shook the frat hall down with the subwoofer he built.

Agent Orange said...

And I guess I owe you a "moving in" crew. Keep me posted.

The Double D said...

You probably do but it won't be the same slam bam process yours was. Overa couple weekends I should be fine plus I am moving in new furniture that will be delivered by others which is good. I'll let you know if I do but as it stands in my mind now, I would rather everyone came up for the 4th of July and have a shin dig like no other.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice looking house! Now I know why everyone leaves new jersey...
Good luck with the whole process!

Agent Orange said...

Dang, you're really going out on this one. Planning the long term with that price tag?

Unknown said...

What you think that's a lot of money? Up here you can only buy squalor for that. Imagine living somewhere like this
http://remax.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=1&locallnk=yes&frm=bymap&mnbed=2&mnbath=1&mnprice=0&mxprice=175000&js=off&pgnum=1&fid=so&stype=&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&areaid=90576&gate=remax&poe=realtor&ct=Morrisville&st=PA&sbint=&vtsort=&sorttype=&typ=1&typ=3&typ=2&typ=6&typ=4&typ=5&x=60&y=4&sid=063C073F0F47C&snumxlid=1052339558&lnksrc=00002
I think for the way that house looks, it could sell up here for >450K.
Congrats man, you just made me very jealous!!!

The Double D said...

The area is appreciating decently and I have been saving in some form or fashion since I graduated. At one point some of that money was going to go to a ring but we all know how that story ended, so now I get to treat myself. I am also getting it less than the listed price. I figure I will hit up the furniture people and thier 18 mo Zero interest to furnish part of it. I am getting some fam help on part of that end as well. I've already budgeted a monthly furniture payment to take care of that and am figuring all this on roughly my base draw not anything above and beyond I may hit in a good quarter. The next quarter ends in April so any extra comes the first of June, about a month and half after I plan on being in full time. That is shaping up nicely as well so things should be good.

The Double D said...

By the way, thanks for all the compliments!