Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Wagon

Well, Fat Tuesday has come and gone, in a blur of course. Each of us in the apartment gave up on alcohol of some form or fashion. Skippy dropped liquor and beer, Poot and I dropped liquor, so no Jack. With my imminent move, and the multiple bottle of partially drank alcohol, the herd had to be thinned. No use tempting fate by having multiple options around. The quest to break last years Jack record has long since lost hope without the re-emergence of Sunday grilling. With that being said we threw the gauntlet down to see how many partial bottles could be finished off. Note none of these bottles were close to full but none were exactly struggling to fill it's last glass when we started. Those who fell included a handle of Jack, a 5th of Gentlemen Jack, a 5th of Disarrono, and a 5th of Crown. A run was made late at the 5th of Smirnoff blue label that was only half full to start the night but it has a solid drink or two left and I left most of a screwdriver on the table when I threw in the towel. All in all, we brought back flashes of glory and put the smack down on the liquor cabinet. Oh yeah, Skippy had a couple beers and a glass of the Disarrono, too.
If work doesn't ease up, I won't stay on this wagon long. Not unless someone finds a quick connection to an East Coast stash of Fat Tire. That could hold me over for 6 weeks without much problem.

2 comments:

Nobrainer said...

You realize there's a bachelor party in 3 weeks, right?

The Double D said...

Yeah, just becasue I drink beer and wine doesn't mean Heilmann will. It will be enough of a scrifice getting to that. If that's the only time I do crater in the liquor, I'll be doing good.