Friday, July 21, 2006

I think Tater would approve

It's been a damn good Friday I must say. The best part is the weekend is just getting ready to start. Didn't make it home last night as having had a few drinks and being kept in close watch by local law enforcement, I needed to stay at a friend’s house. Too bad the friend didn’t have mammories but oh well. Anyway, woke up around 8 grabbed a shower, didn't shave and headed to my first contractors office. Other than a bit of dry mouth, nothing noticeable about me screamed I'm wearing the same shirt I wore out last night and the same pants for two days. While there they kept making requests for me to price additional stuff on a couple jobs I am doing with them (first jobs with this crowd) which increases my price and profit while taking a little away from the competition that is already on the job for some of the same equipment I also sell.
Contractor stop two was to drop off some submittal and just touch base. Same contractor called me back this afternoon and threw a softball up for me to knock out on a nice little warehouse order. Contractor stop three was to have lunch with a new estimator/project person along with a partial stake owner of a firm that I have been racking up orders with. My big boss made the trip and they talked a little money. Us getting paid as a firm means I get paid. I like getting paid, a lot. I think some details were straightened out so I won't have to wait as long in the future on their orders hopefully.
Contractor four stop after lunch and I firmed up my first pool unit (think big expensive equipment) order, got my PO and released it. Got another little order while I was there.
Conveniently, they are just down the road from the DMV where I was able to get my updated license. That's right; to top off my day I officially received my driving privileges back with a little piece of plastic. Granted, there is a stipulation (1 beer an hour or so basically) on the back until 2009 but that's cool. I think I learned that lesson.
So to recap: Contractors are liking me right now. Battles I have been fighting on getting orders are being won. I got my license back with an updated picture even. I haven’t shaved since yesterday morning since I partied last night and still felt like a rock star this morning for the most part. The weekend is just beginning. And some advice to Nobrainer is making his research show some results. Awesome.

3 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Thanks for the advice.

Now if you can just seal any other deal, you might be having the best weeek ever.

Agent Orange said...

Yeah that Jack ain't getting any stronger! And to your weekend comments: KISS MY AAAAAAAASS, I work 24 this weekend.

Lawtonfunk said...

I worked 75 hours this week!!