Tuesday, August 22, 2006

D.L.

No, I don't have any juicy gossip of fun conquests for the readers out there to keep quiet amoungst themselves. Sorry to disappoint but half of you would have received celebratory phone calls on that anyway. This is pertinent to my last post about the moron and the softball game from last week.
After hobbling around in a cheap-o brace that provided little actual support last week, watching teh swelling hardly subside, and more than likely tweaking it while buzzed with customers at a conference in the mountains the end of the week, I finally went to the doctor. The hell with the the family doc, I hooked up with the Ortho guys immediately. Sweet talking the receptionist for an appt the morning of the phone call was easily my biggest accomplishment here. Doc checked it out, thoroughly, took some x-rays, saidI had a sprained MCL, gave me a Robo-Cop brace and said take it easy for the next two weeks. If no improvement between now and then, an MRI would be in my future to check out possible tearing though he felt that was unlikely. So, I'm on the DL. The brace is pretty nice though and provides a lot of support but is a a bitch to get off as bending the knee that far is not exactly comfortable. Golf is still in the cards for Sunday. Hopefully enough progress will be made by then and the brace will keep that from being an issue. Football season could be humorous though as I will be sporting this thing at the first tailgate. I may be "That guy" in khakis and rainbows just to cover it up and prevent any cool knee brace tans. Until it comes off though, I think I may try and play it off, espcially considering I have a good sympathy story togo with it. Unfortuantely Poot and company lost the championship game I couldn't play in. It had little to do with my not catching and a lot more to do with our good pitcher not being on the mound and the backup getting shelled past the teams ability to score. Oh well. My days of fastpitch are probably over as I think I will stick to the slowpitch leagues and try and get on a co-ed team. I doubt any 120lb chics will be trying to break my leg...or at least I hope not.

3 comments:

Nobrainer said...

At least this injury can't hurt your love life.

The Double D said...

Because if it didn't it would be crushing so many obligations.

Lawtonfunk said...

You're right, the 120lb chic won't break your leg . . .just your heart:(