Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday's

I finally figured out the point in working Friday afternoons. Everyone knows that you get nothing done, including the bosses. By having us work, they are saying "Look, we know you aren't going to do anything but play on the computer after lunch. That is ok, just work on Friday morning." What this accomplishes is that I actually do work on Friday morning. If it was only a half day, I would get blitzed every Thursday night and know nothing was expected Friday morning and therefore get nothing done. Essentially narrowing down the work week to 4 days. Also, if I do get blitzed Thursday night, I can "recover" in my office Friday morning, actually do work Friday afternoon and still accomplish the same thing. Havea I figured out the base of western work culture or am I so far damn behind that I am earning my another sticker for my helmet?

2 comments:

Nobrainer said...

That's probably about right.

I'm somewhat partial to the 4x9+4 plan. Work 9 hours M-Th then do 4 hours, whenever, on Friday. I did that at Bosch a lot, even though I don't think I was supposed to. Or you can work all of one friday and get the next Friday off.

Lawtonfunk said...

I can work 4 tens. I just have to work 8 on Friday. I'm pretty sure my boss wants me to work on Friday. Hell, he'd have me come in on Saturday and Sunday if he could-not that I would get paid for this overtime. It would be flex time.