Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Valentines and women

This is how the weekend that held so much promise worked out. Obvisouly not that great but funny to the rest of the world. The first girl in reference is the baseball scout previsouly discussed, the second being the nursing student in Wilmington from Charlotte I got hooked up with through folks at work.

I dropped way too much coin on this crap. I played a little tonsil hockey Friday night before being shown that my bed and her bed were not the same and that I was not invited to keep her warm. Note, this was in a hotel room in Orlando, not an apartment where we would eventually end up in separate rooms altogether. Hopefully I kept her up all night snoring. I did get the line “We have got to stop, before I get myself in trouble.” This is the second time in 6 weeks I have heard this line while making out. The last one at least let the nipple make an appearance, this one did not. Anyway, in my disappointment I was hoping for a delayed phone call from Wilmington (flower girl) late Friday or Saturday while I was driving up from Orlando. This did not occur. Not feeling like coming back and sitting on my butt I called Carn, who promptly called me back and said to come on. Ended up there about 6 Saturday evening and we hit wild wings for dinner and boozing with his Charleston crowd. About 11 PM roles around and I get a funny feeling in my pocket…hey the phones vibrating and its Wilmington girl. She got the flowers, they are pretty, I get a thank you and that I can call her back Sunday whenever, and that’s about all I hear. She is somewhat hoarse, no comments please, I already have plenty of bad images in my mind of why, and I can’t hear well for the band as is. Carn, Matt Rowe, and I leave somewhere around 1, I think. I did quit drinking early because I was not happy with the call and didn’t want to be angry drunk Todd. Slept on the edge of a bed covered in sanding dust, got up and hit the road before 10AM as Carn was taking Matt back to Bluffton. Made the return call on Sunday and was greated by voicemail that afternoon. Got to watch Oberg and Pennell both hugging on their women while I took care of the usual Sunday evening dinner we do. At least it kept me somewhat occupied and un-nauseated. No phone call. Came home from class Valentines night, had a fantastic roast beef sandwich, again, no comments Carn, and made one last shot phone call and actually got her. We chatted for a few minutes, she was pleasant, and that’s that. In a nut shell, I am broke, got no action, and both ladies proved what I should already know well. Women are teases until proven otherwise. And I actually thought I was going to get somewhere, what a moron.

4 comments:

Lawtonfunk said...

Did you just say you were in Charleston? That's funny. I live in Charleston. Feel free to drop me line next time you're in town.

The Double D said...

the final decision was made at the GA/SC line and I was staying with Carn. I figured on a Saturday night you probably already had plans.

Lawtonfunk said...

I was out of town. I'm just giving you hell. I would like to point out that you do have 2 women right now. That's just fanstastic.

Agent Orange said...

Now bating in palce of Carn....Rochford:

"Well at least you got some roast beef"