Sunday, April 24, 2005

The dawn of a freightening time

Well this is how things stand. We have a bakers dozen on the shelf now, with number 14 waiting an evening of 2 drinks before it makes the journey upwards. That's all that will get finished in this location though. See, much as changed in the past month. I have grown up happy with my job and am giving it through the end of '05 to get better, otherwise I am searching for new employment. At this point I will be within 3 classes of an MBA and, should things not turn upwards, give me the spring to find something better. Should the finding something better not occur immediately I will be down to one class remaining, an elective I could take at pretty much any school with an MBA as I plan to finish all core and concentration requriements by the end of spring '06. Nothing is feasible sooner because of the whole concentration thing, though all cores could be done by Dec. This plays in with the fact that I gave up on the home purcahsing thing. Too many variables that had red flags including assessmnet issues becasue the association issues are too low and they can't seem to raise them or manage their cash flow, a history of foundation issues in one of the construction phases in this property, boat dock ownership between association and third party in litigation, and other units sitting on the market for yr+ without any appreciation from origianl time of purchase. I figure it's best to say the hell with the interest rates and wait it out. That and everything in a price range I was willing to pay either needed too much work or was not desireable to my desires. New construction is great but they are bitches here with their lease breaking poilcy and timing is curcial and I don't have it. Too many things have the possibility of changing in the next 12 months. With all this being said, Skippy needs immediate assistance in his living arrangements. Poot and I are happy with our complex in general and they have a three bedroom available for immediate move in. Bill and rent will go down again. So the way it looks now is Poot and I , with hopefully the assistance of Skippy as the immediate move instead of mid summer is being facilitated by his needs, will pay the in complex transfer fee and we will be in a new unit come this time next week. This brings together two of the four JDGA founding fathers and another member, in one living space. JDGA weekends can now happen at a moments notice. Also, the 14 children will be taking up residence in their own location while a new batch of children are raised on the other cabinet end. I guess we will have one cluster *&#$ of a place to stay for the bachelor party in a month. It could be interesting. With our powers combined...

5 comments:

Nobrainer said...

You know when I'll be back in Charlotte. Make sure you let me know if you get moved. That sucks about the house thing.

July will be here in no time though. And '06 will be here right after that. I've really got to think about what I'm going to do after summer '06. Am I going to have to find a job in Charlotte, too?

The Double D said...

A bit of an update. They were going to hit Poot and I up for $2500 to transfer in complex and pick up Paul and extend or lease another year from today. So yeah, it's Poot and I here as we cannot afford the ass raping that our complex will give us. That is why I am hope to get the hell out of here when the lease expires.

Nobrainer said...

When does your lease expire?

Also, if you find a sub-leaser, can you use that cover your current lease then just deal with the fees of the new Apt?

The Double D said...

Mid-August, they have something against subleasing but if they don't catch you, then who knows.

Nobrainer said...

I bet they would catch you when you signed a lease for another apartment in the same complex.

And hell, who knows, I may be in Charlotte by August '06. Those of us who are not yet married could really raise some hell. JDGA every weekend.