Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bachelor Parties and the like

I am learning that I am involved in a devastatingly horrid downward spiral. My first experience attending was pretty lame event at Jillians. We watched college football through the fuss of the crappy satellite link, drank a little and maybe played a game or two of pool. The Best Man can be blamed for being lazy and not getting crap together earlier (Oct '02).
The second involved my first experience with the "Ball and Chain." We got the bachelor wickedly drunk at Broadway at the Beach, attended a fantastic palace of lesser morals, watched one guy bascially put a down payment on a premade family at said establishment, closed it down at 4AM and made the bachelor swim in the ocean at 4:30AM with just the ball and his boxers. Everyone was hungover until 5 the next day.
The third the ball and chain again madea solid appearance. Charleston was hte place of debauchary. The seafood place was tame but when the ball and the "Big Mistake" shirt made their appearances, all bets were off. The bachelor didn't make it late enough to swim or even attend a house of lesser morals. I don't think the rest of us were capable either. He couldn't hold down his own rehearsal dinner, the site of which made him run to the boys room.
Side note, as the spiral increases, I have become partially responsible for scheduling activities (two and three).
Party three, on my home turf, I do most of the planning. We are hte Saturday afternoon pool entertainment. It's amazing what 8 guys and two case of beer can do in an afternoon. Two hour cool down, the grilling out and beer pong. I punished myself. Sometimes being only marginally better than your opponents is a bigger curse than anything. We end up roaming the streets with Ball and Chain in tow. I serve up Coyote Ugly early and the rest is history. If you don't know check my linked blogs for details. Other bars happen but Ugly was bad. I am shocked Will was able to sit through his lap dance later that night. I would pay good money to have myself on video with the comment "If you want us to finish him, we can finish him, just let me know". I am sure Brad had to pull out his translation book though to know what I actually said. We make it home 3:30ish, people are dead to the world until 11 or later. The pool was good the next day. Baked the drinks right out.
Now my bigger concern. I know of at least two more that will have to be pulled off in the next year, I see them being just as bad, if not worse on the bachelor. I expect to have plenty of say in the matter too. Now for me. Should the day ever come around, I pretty much fear for my life. I have a feeling that like 15 people will be waiting in line just to "finish me off." My penance will be served, and it's gonna hurt but in the meantime the guys next in line are in trouble.

1 comment:

Poot said...

Wha, this post has been up for over a week and no one has commented on it...post something else