Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Class Post V

Verizon Communications announced a major agreement to help bring Public Television to digital programming. That's right, now you get Big Bird and the Seasame Street gang in all their colorful glory. I will admit programs like Nova and some of the other nature based programming will be pretty cool in HD. The big deal with this is the fact that prior to the agreement. those people on Verizon's FiOS fiber optic TV service did not have access to these channells and their programing. Though it doesn't do anything for folks in the Carolinas, large markets in FL, MD, NY, TX, CA, and MA do have the 400 channel cable option. This is a major achievment if you are a big Public Television supporter. Honestly, I can't say that this would affect my desire to pick up the cable package since my days of Seasame Street are over and I was too old to get hit with the Barney craze. Now if Ken Burns updates The Civil War documentary with some cool effects suitable for HD, I would be excited. For the parents out there, I hope this helps you in some way.

No comments: