Friday, June 23, 2006

Class Post VI

This post is a little random but does relate. The reason I began focusing on Verizon was the whole NSA mess that I thought was going to hit the fan with wire tapping and phone records. Needless to say, all the three letter agencies in Washington have made it "disappear." Well, at least until today. Talk about the media flare up over the wire taps will probably resurface with the announcement the government has also been monitoring bank accounts. In the wake of 9/11 and the fact that we can pretty much target knuckleheads in our country who are up to no good (see recent events in Miami) this doesn't surprise me. It's not like you and I have much to worry about....unless the IRS has a reason to be not happy with you. Anyway, I think it is good anti-terrorism practice and the reality of it is we are protecting ourselves and until the media reports these things, we aren't any worse for them or even affected. I'm guessing the banks will get to share the scrutiny Verizon and the other telecom folks have but don't expectto hear much about it for a while. At least once the new wears off.

No comments: