Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Review and 2007 Predictions

Major things from 2006.
Started talking to chic in early part of year only to find out by mid summer she is absolutely nuts. Liked a lot for a while. Communication with her is back but only as a joke almost.
Bought a house that most of the readership has seen as did Poot.
Finished grad school in June and finally got my piece of paper in early December. I think I need to get that framed soon.
Had a big ass party to celebrate birthday and the two other good things listed above. Awesome time seeing everyone. Chic in first comment was a bit of a buzz kill there but oh well.
Joined a social club to get out and meet some other folks since bars = talking to the same few people I went out with and spending lots of cash and having a 50/50 shot at making a fool of my self.
Sat through a football season with lots of hype and promise to watch it fall apart down the stretch.
Met a couple chics that I enjoyed talking to and spending time with. The one in Charlotte is a straight friends zone thing. The one in the upstate is really awesome but may never speak to me again because of the train wreck that was this past Friday night. For those details talk to Poot, Agent, or Jessie. I recommend the second two for a clearer rendition of the night. Sometimes you get what you deserve.
I thought I had gotten better about getting plastered. The reality is, I am just as bad about it as I was if not worse. Instead of spreading it out though, I throw several days worth into individual evenings and end being a real dumb ass. Effects are probably worse this year than in ones past as the stories aren't any funnier but the things I do have much longer staying power.
Married off several friends and watched another get engaged. Congrats to all these folks.

2007 Predictions/Expectations/Direction
Keep doing the social club. Will try to do some of the stuff that aren't happy hour and sports related. Otherwise my under 35 network won't expand, which it hadn't really been doing as planned. I'll probably get frustrated with is by late spring and say screw it.
Get more involved in doing things for my professional organization as I am in line to be VP then President of the local chapter beginning fall of this year and rolling through 08-09 on the time line.
I will be attempting to cut back on the booze. It's fun at the time. It accomplishes nothing. I'm too old to act like I'm 20 on weekend nights. Any help or friendly comments to take it easy will be greatly appreciated. Hitting be in the head when I take these comments as a challenge to prove I can drink more will be acceptable and is officially encouraged. Please have someone print this off as a reminder I said it.
I'll actually get to the doctor and get my body checked out. I'm sure this crap with my skin will be something extremely odd and will continue to piss me off as it gets worse before they find a medicine that must be taken 14 times a day to get better. Alcohol won't be recommended with it, which won't be as big a deal. Unfortunately, neither will be lots of summer sun without 30+ sunscreen. My pastiness will continue.
I'll keep being a workaholic and hopefully doing well. Little things at work will continue at piss me off after they build up in which case I will look into other job options. The likelihood I actually change will be less than 5% as I get away with a lot at my office.
I'll enter the 07 college football season with high hopes. The Tigers will find a way to dash those. Some one will be the new Proctor.


Keep on keeping on and see what surprises pop up. There is always something out there that blindsides us. Who knows what it will be in 07.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chic (adjective): pronounced "sheik". French word, Meaning: fashionable, trendy.

Chick (noun): word roughly meaning "female" that Wha meant to use.

With regards,
Elle Woods

The Double D said...

Thanks Trickey. I use chic because to me a "chick" is a baby chicken and I choose to differentiate. Remember, that what I write is in the Appalachian American dialect of the English language. There is some give associated in the translation.

Anonymous said...

your welcome, you 'tard

Poot said...

Wha, those that have received honorary degrees in Hortonese understood perfectly what you meant.
... wha wha wha, wha wha, wha!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I'd be interested in hearing the story. Since Agent is incommunicado sometimes, what's the what, Wha?