Thursday, December 21, 2006

Confused...In Need of Help

I'm once again in need of the publics’ opinion. As Agent Orange once stated, I live in a Soap Opera and it entertains him greatly. Some of you are familiar with my efforts over the past few months, some, not so much.
Quick re-cap. There was slump buster that most of you know about. She has not been and won't be part of any future considerations of options and hasn't been in them for over a month now. Her purpose has been served outside of being a decent person to hang out with in town with other friends present. These other two individuals of interest have been at least acquaintances since early in the football season. One, a person I met here in Charlotte, the other, a person I met during the season that lives in the upstate.
Breakdowns:
Charlotte girl. Cute, kinda country as she grew up outside Aiken. Lives here and we know each other through friends. We have dinner or hang out occasionally. Tonight possibly being one of those nights. She will randomly call without prompt and talk for 10, 15, 20 minutes or so. She has mentioned New Years plans and asked if I want to join her and two of her girlfriends. I have somewhat declined as I am not interested in the uptown on NYE thing. The last two years this has been attempted and neither has been a rousing success due to crowds and additional cost in comparison to a normal night out. She is quite attractive as Poot can attest. I can’t read her or her intentions. Though she definitely shows interest in keeping contact. Joining three girls out sounds like a sucker punch for a free sober driver or an attempt at a set-up with one of the friends. As mentioned, I can’t read her though.
Upstate girl. Many of the general readership has met this one over the course of the last half the season of home games. She took my extra ticket to GT along with MD and NCSU. We hung out a little prior to the USuCk game as well. I stayed at her place the Saturday of NCSU and slept on the Aerobed as I intended. She has come to Charlotte, and stayed at the house with several of her friends for her birthday a couple weeks ago. Contact prior to that was sporadic via phone and every couple of days while checking on football plans via email prior to her visit. Now emails are at least every other day and we have spoken on the phone in similar intervals, with time lengths anywhere between 10 minutes and close to an hour. I am not making half of these initial calls/emails either. I even received an email this morning after she didn’t get a chance to call me back last night as she was out late, asking if she could call me back this evening while she was traveling. That came along with the text message sent late last night indicating she would call today instead. She has no NYE plans and they haven’t really been discussed past the fact she has friends that want to do something in downtown G’ville and may possibly do that. She, like I, am not too geared up for heading out on NYE with the clustered masses and would much prefer hanging out with friends or a house party. The funny part about this one is she has told mutual friend(s) that she doesn’t want to give me the wrong impressions or that things are “like that” between us. My quandary with this one is I don’t know many, if any girls, that aren’t interested in a guy that make this kind of effort to stay in regular contact with them. May be it’s the time of year and she’s single. Maybe she is interested. I was filled on the past relationships the other night without prompt so I know she is getting pretty comfortable with me and the info she passes along. Now if she would just make her intentions or wants more apparent, I would know how to handle things and which way to go.
Now, here is what I feel my options are and I would like general feedback to he above, alternate opinions, or your thoughts on the following:

Option 1- Hope to hang out with Charlotte girl tonight. If she makes a special effort to hang out, see what happens. Push to do something on NYE or at least the night before depending on how her out of town visitor situation plays out. Mainly hoping for her to show her cards tonight and go from there with her.

Option 2 – See how conversation with Upstate girl goes this evening, and assume it goes well as it has been, especially after the wealth of personal info given last time. Parlay it into additional conversation over the holiday weekend by phone and suggest to just hang out NYE with her doing something low key just to have something going on.

Option 3 – Let tonight happen as it may. If Charlotte girl doesn’t call to hang out, I go meet Poot at some party around 9:30 and get my conversation in with Upstate girl prior to or on the way to meet him. Don’t mention any plans unless they are presented to me by either female. Assuming none are, play things by ear over the next week. Don’t bring up the subject of NYE put don’t avoid it, and be as equally prepared to head out of town or out on the town next weekend as I would be to sit around and watch football all weekend.

There it is. Let the fun begin.

3 comments:

Poot said...

What the fuck? Why am I option 3? And don't sound so fucking disappointed by going out drinking.

Let me re-phrase Todd's 3 options:

Option 1: Hang out with Charlotte girl and try to force feed wine down her throat to get her drunk and try to take advantage of her. In the end, I will end up with blue balls and less wine.

Option 2: Wait for Upstate girl to call for whatever reason, she is in the upstate and I am in Charlotte. Talk to her, become more confused and pissed off.

Option 3: Go with Poot to a Hawaiian Christmas party at Poot's favorite bar (where Poot is kinda like Norm at Cheer's)and get hammered hot chics from local restaurants.

The Double D said...

Update - Got dissed on email by Charlotte girl just after writing the original post. She wants a rain check for next week "she promises." Upstate girl called while on the road while I was making my way home from the office. Relatively short conversation but said she would call in the next day or two and to stay in touch while we were both going to visit family for the holidays.
I'm in the process of finishing up travel preps so I can go meet Poot, get drunk and stare at hot chics at this place. As a side note, he is the Norm of the place, and I at least get some name/face recognition by a few of the folks there. Hopefully they can hook us up.

Anonymous said...

If you want to not get laid for another year-and-a-half, then pursue either one of these two teases. Go ahead. Go for it. If it works out for it, I'll buy you another bottle of the single barrel. If not, you'll owe us all one.

Seriously though, it sounds like you're entering a double-friend-zone. Have you learned nothing from my mistakes? If you need friendship and companionship, buy a dog. They're cheaper and longer lasting in the grand scheme of things. Don't let these girls fuck with you.

Remember this from "Red October": "When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated."

Sail the ships or burn 'em.

Arrr! Remember that.

I need more rum.