Sunday, January 09, 2005

Weather and golf

I saw an add on thye news late tonight about Goodwill donations for the needy children. Appareantly they are predicting that "cold winter." This comes as news to me as it was above 60 every day the past weekand the trend is supposed to continue for at least the next couple wit ha few days of 70's mixed in. Need I remind anyone its the second week of January? Even yesterday I hung one on, played golf in short sleeves and had a jolly good time, even broke a sweat. I have expereinced cold weather for 4 days this winter and that was the cold snap over xmas when it didn't get above 30 in TN for two days. My roomamate concluded and I agree that the follwing rule appies for areas south of the NC/VA line and east of the mountains: Winter is from teh 21st of December until the second of January and 10 randomly selected days during January and February. Otherwise the first of the year rings in Spring and fall ends with the college football season and the first week of bowl games.

2 comments:

Nobrainer said...

As a punishment for this beautiful January weather, I'm sure we're all staring down Mother Nature's barrel with a live blizzard locked into the chamber.

Agent Orange said...

No no no we are in for a blistering summer, the tsunami fucked everything up! Soon the earth trolls will come out from hiding and reclaim the lands like the environmentalists predicted!! Run Run Run