Monday, January 24, 2005

Weekend Fun, Part 2

So Saturday night went much better as far as a civilized date goes. Met her at our mutual friends house and we all hung out for half an hour. She is pretty attractive, dirty blonde/brown hair, cute, nice body. She worls for MLB as a video scout Feb-May and off and on during the summer and fall. Loves sports and comes off kinda of country (or at least sounds that way, maybe just southern) though she lives in and is originally from Raleigh. We went to Maggiones (family style Italian, I recommend even for the Yanks out there who can probably name 14 better places in 30 seconds anyway, just for the shear volume of food) and had a hell of a feast. A couple drinks and finished up. Too late to catch a late movie so we go to Blockbuster. Girls make the mistake of letting Clay and I pick so we walk out with Clay purchasing both BCCT videos. Just as we start to watch the first the cut through you like a knife wind manages to disrupt power and everything that goes with it. We all go back downstairs to the fireplacei nthe living room and hang out a while with the fire going, shooting the bull. Clay starts to fade and his wife says she is goingto put him too bed. No forewarning given that says "Todd, time for you to go." I ask his wife if she is coming back downstairs and she says no as she heads up the steps. Says she will see the girl in the morning and I swear I think she said the same to me. Talk about auckward. Me, candles, a fire, a cool chic thats 29, had a really good time just talking and I am in a house I have never previously been too. We talk for a while longer, power comes on I turn off everything we had left running earlier, and figure it is probably time to go. Get a hug good night, probably should have tried for the kiss but passed. Called her tonight just to say hey. I mean, how often does one find a chic that not only loves baseball but works for baseball and is not butch. We will probably get together if I make it to Raleight, she comes here, or may just do something forh te hell of it. Anyway, not at all what I expected and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if my expectations were so reversed that I was let down by one and overly impressed by the other but there is a good chance of it. Guess we will have to see how the next couple weeks shake out. Needless to say neither live here, so one has to believe the essence of Horton has permeated CLT and I can now only date outside the city limits, never having really dated within them.

9 comments:

Agent Orange said...

Gooooooo CORKY!!!
Man if she ever gets to meet us you are in some serious poop

The Double D said...

Clay has duely noted that his wife's actions were intentional for the two of us to be there alone. Damn, I love missed opportunity.

Agent Orange said...

Damn you cruel missed opportunities....I shake my fist at you in disgust!

Nobrainer said...

Which is worse, no opportunity or missed opportunity?

Lawtonfunk said...

I would say missed oportunity is worse. But don't feel bad Todd, it wasn't that obvious. I mean, she didn't push herself through a crowd and feed you a her cherry from her drink. Stupid. Stupid Lawton. I will thank you again for forcing me to hook up with Laury by stranding me in the bar with her. I guess that would have been a missed oportunity, but Wha came through and now, I'm free of the suckubus.

The Double D said...

I guess you are welcome. Where did I pass out that night because I don't exactly remember. Why does fun crap like this not happen to me...is it the passing out thing, or the preceeding reputation?

The Double D said...

Also, if we do an old man weekend during baseball, there is a good chance she would be there as a chance to do some scouting for work.

Nobrainer said...

Possible baseball weekends

2/25 thru 2/27 Cal - Irvine
3/12/2005 SC
3/18 thru 3/20 UNC
4/8 thru 4/10 Duke
4/15 thru 4/17 UVA
4/29 thru 5/1 GT

Lawtonfunk said...

Actually you didn't pass out. You willingly forfeited your night to leave me with a hot chick so that I would finally realize I wasn't worthless and hence break up with the Ex.