Friday, May 27, 2005

Holiday Weekend

So I get to knock off whenever I feel like it this afternoon, well, any time after three. We reloaded the JAck Supply. We are on the home stretch and I have a sneaking suspession number 17 will hit the shelf over the weekend. Unfortunately, the Meck County ABC stores are closed Monday. Probably a good idea, we will need to recover at some point. It is Speed Street here. for those not in the know, this means that the main drag downtown is closed off for 4 days. They have lots of food and junk vendors, NASCAR display cars (actual scale) and three differnt stages with Live Music. Last night we got to the Boys 2 Men stage just after they closed with Motown Philly. We were PISSED. The hot chics we met up with had a bit of drunk girl drama, so that screwed that up. tonight Blue Dogs are ona at 8:30 and Three Doors Down, Jo Dee Messina and .38 Special all hit their respective stages between 10 and 10:30. Note three bog acts at one time. They have stages on each end and one in the center at the heart of town in the Trade and Tryon street intersection. Tomorrow, Styx and Charlie Daniels Band are on for the late shows. They also have some Hootie Cover Band, The American Idol Finalist and Outkast's back up band. Throw all this together with all the NASCAR fan base you can handle and things get interesting. Lots of women in skimpy clothes will abound. Some will be fun to look at, others will make us wish we were blind. We are leading off tonight with poker, pizza, and drinks before our cabs arrive. I see quite a bit of pool time instore for the days. Hopefully I won't be able to disappear against a white wall after this weekend. Hopefully I will have some kick ass stories but if last night was an indicator this could be a bottle rocket kind of weekend. At least I'll be able to sleep late, unless I can manage to get someone to wake me for better options.

1 comment:

Agent Orange said...

I have to work the three day weekend, so kiss my ass!