Sunday, May 08, 2005

Good Weekend

Friday night, quite a blur but I did take a nice little pot playing Hold Em, then spent it all on beer at a local watering hole. Thank Jack for the blurriness. I spent Saturday by the pool with Skippy and a 12 pack of Corona's, staring at several attractive women, all with big rocks on their fingers. We have decided most women care little about the quality of the rock and much more about the size as they caught our eye sheerly by their size and not at all by the glimmer. Today was spent in the best weather of '05 watching absolutely awesome golf. I easily watched 3/4 of the weekend field finish the 16th and play the entire 17th without moving more than 10 feet over the course of 4 hours. This doesn't include the last three holes with Sergio, Furyk and Slurpy and all the playoff golf that followed. A bad day on the course beats a good day at the office. I beautiful day watching top pro golf in person, being within arms reach of the biggest names on tour, getting a little TV time in the gallery, and not having the frustrations of you own game...that's the stuff we write about in utter giddiness.

3 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Slurpy? Where the hell did that come from?

The Double D said...

Look at Vijay then look at Apu on the Simpson's. It's his Charlotte chapter of the JDGA official nickname. That and he pissed us off when he walked through DJ's line on the green on 16 for absolutely no good reason.

Nobrainer said...

I see. I'm not sure if he's an Apu type, though.

I watched most of the match. I never saw y'all or DJ.