Monday, September 19, 2005

Hoarse and Sunburnt

These are the two most evident repercussions I have to show after this weekend. What was going to be a simple day trip for what was expected to be a great game became a full blown party and weekend to remember. After a couple beers and a phone call by Poot to find out what is tailgating food assignment was, we made a not-to-hard decision to pack up and take off. Free lodging was available and for a game like this, we were crazy not to take up the offer. Clemson arrival time of 9:30 in the downtown parking garage…what a great addition to the town. TTT wasn’t quite what I was expecting but I still ran into a few people I knew. The usual crowd had a various reasons for not being there…it is starting to get obvious we are getting old. Hard partying the night before a game is becoming less and less of a priority, even for me, as this wasn’t even planned. Hada good time, got some sleep and was in the back of Agent Orange’s cousins ride by 10AM. Tailgating officially started around 11 as we had to get the coordination down with the location holder. Grabbed a beer at the Esso before hand. I like the changes though I didn’t realize that had been done for so long. 3:30 rolls around and I was part of the 80+ ready to rock and roll. GREAT GAME. Too bad the Tigers didn’t come out on top. I’ll take the game though. Anytime you perform like that, have your facilities and crowd displayed for the entire nation and put up the fight we did against a widely recognized national power, you can’t complain. It should also keep us from getting the big head for the next two weeks as the schedule doesn’t exactly weaken too much. Post game was a cluster. TTT was dead. Bummed a ride to Esso with Poot, stayed there and ran into a fair amount of folks I knew. Good times though I didn’t get to see my new favorite bartender in Clemson. Oh well. Yesterday was all recovery and the voice is still in and out this morning. I am also on a steady diet of Advil, water, and aloe lotion. It was fun but damn I hurt. Forth football season as a grad. Getting old sucks.

2 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Your new favorite bartender?

The Double D said...

Usually it's jsut whoever serves me quickly. After you left a couple Sunday's ago, we maid a be double E double are you in and got the hookup at Overtime. The best part was the bartender was a strawberry blonde/redhead that could fit the description of hte next ex Mrs Wha. I had full intentions of meeting Rus and Julie there Saturday night but we were toted off to Esso as Poot connection to Overtime was no longer valid and I think Russ and Julie may have called it a night.