Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Arrrggghhhh!

No, it's not the rating on the latest pirate movie. It's the sound one makes when raking in the Christmas Bounty like a true pirate. This years take includes from random to big time:
Sports bottle thing: Included a mini first aid kit, pedometer, etc from LL Bean. It was in a chic color and shape though. Think mom got confused but parts will be useful and I will use the water bottle with no shame.
Calendars and Atlas: Far Side monthly and Clemson Football Monthly. Atlas from Wally World...from talking with Skippy I won't be shopping there much more, so this should be one of the last useful things I get from the place. I should always know what day it is and where I am or am going.
Biofreeze: I plan to hit the gym harder and I am sure it will hit back. This stuff isn't over the counter and kick ass. If you have used it, you understand.
Command and Conquer Generals: Includes expansion back. When it gets cold and nasty outside. It's because I just launched a nuclear winter on some camel jockey's ass.
Card Shuffler: Screw learning the bridge. This thing can handle two decks at once. No more bent cards either.
Clemson T-shirts : Stepping up from frat club wear to alma matter wear. Go here to check out "Battleflags of the Atlantic" and "Navy T"
Dilbert book: Yes I get to go ahead and see part of my life unfold in advance now.
Clemson Hitch Cover - Orange Paw with Clemson University underneath. The Wolfpack at work get a little dose of heaven everyday now.
Weekender: It's like a wallet but for an ID, credit card and a little cash, nothing else. Will be employed this weekend.
Gift Certificates: Total Wine and Cheescake Factory. Tasty!
Shirt and Sweater- Polo, yellow button down and baby blue sweater. The Horse, sadly, matches the shirt. Can anyone point me towards the yacht club?
Shoes: Two pair of Johnstone and Murphy's. Hey, they last, fit, comfortable and I wasn't paying. One brown pair, one black ( I asked for the black) and stepmom wasn't impressed by the current shape of what I prefer for everyday wear.
Checks: they are as good as cash and already in the bank.
Aerobed with Fleece: Queen sized and the fleece doubles as a blanket or sleeping bag as it zips up. Now at least one bum and female company from ventures uptown can sleep in casa del Whapootskippy in relative comfort during JDGA events. Well, them or Agent and wife.
And the grand finale: Sony Cybersho digital Camera with 5.1 Mega pixels, carrying case, rechargable battery, and 512MB memory card. Now, if I can get it hooked into the computer I will be golden. Expect my picture output and upload to JDGA server to increase. Sucker is tiny, light, takes awesome pics thus far and realitively easy to figure out with regards to on device features such as settings, flash, etc.
The Wrap up...through Dad (who apparently had a banner year which will be paying for a large chuck of above list), stepmom, siblings, mom, grandparents, uncle and a roommate who got something though I thought we weren't doing anything, I made out like a super bandit. I am extremely priveledged. Way more than I deserved, that's for sure. I did try to give back, especially to the mom but nothing like this could I ever touch.
Now where the hell is Jeeves? I need someone to put all this stuff up and pull around the car.

1 comment:

Agent Orange said...

I remember that icy hot stuff you got. That stuff was insane, felt like you were going into hypothermia and then your arm was on fire. Oh well, whatever works for these bodies that are continuously aging!