Sunday, December 04, 2005

WHAta Bust

Yeah, this was quite the flop weekend. Thursday went down as mentioned and held promise as a somewhat decent warmup. I think I stayed in the minor leagues warming up for next weekend though. Friday night was fun. Met a friend of Faith and Lyndsey's out, she ended up at Buckhead with us and I proceeded to monopolize her time/attention, all for not no-less. Poot probably had dibs, has the phone I know, and my apologies for not necessarily cock blocking him (don't think he was scoring on this specific night) but doing all that was necessary had it been an option. I should have hung with the two chics I did a shot with at the bar. You know, the ones that were more than happy to chat as I was dressed well from the earlier charity event, that also saw two girls, and Poot approach to take three of the four beers I had purchased and decided to bid me farewell and a fun evening without my side of the story. Dancing was fun, I was smooth for my standards but still came home to my own warm, empty bed.
Anyway, Saturday should have been Christmas in the Carribean, prior to the company Christmas party as I noted. I tuaght Paul how to play Ceasar instead and watched a couple of bowl game warm ups. The party was nice. I was dressed to the hilt again/ Atea fine dinner that didn't agree with me past the taste buds, and had afew free drinks. Drove my boss and the Asheville office manager to their homes/hotels after watching the ACC championship shocker about 1 last night. Was completely sober and felt like hell from dinner earlier.
Today, tree trimming occured about 3 laters than expected. I realized it looks like a 12 yr/o did it as I ran out of lights and all my ornaments are cars, baseball players, and trains with a few Clemson items and a few things that I am sure Skippy will introduce upon his return relegating my childish ornaments to the scarecly populated back of the tree. Drank my fair share of Rum and Coke and listened to a lot of Buffett while realizing his old stuff is better but I lost half of it. It's quarter of 12, I'm hardly tired and my buzz is running down the drain with the rain.
I hope you all had a more productive weekend. I shouldn't complain, many others had more important things go south I am sure. I got lots of sleep, did nothing mentally stressing, and my biggest frustration is Clemson is going to higher paying bowl than the one in town, I can't attend, and the option isn't the Peach in Atlanta. Oh well, time to suck it up, get through the week and hope for the best next weekend, it'll be the last shot in '05 to rock it out I guess as the others weekends are spoken for and New Years just became much less anticipated.

2 comments:

Agent Orange said...

I worked 24 hours this weekend, shuth the hell up pansy.

Nobrainer said...

I thought only 2 guys lived there.