Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Corruption at it's finest?

Okay, so my 16 y/o sister is coming to Charlotte for the weekend. This has been pseudo in the planning for most of the summer but came to a stark reality this week. I had been telling the parents to figure out which weekend and gave them my class and work schedules, etc. I kinda wanted some notice but whatever. Anyway, I got a call from her this morning. Good thing me telling her this weekend would work (Monday night) and nothing changed since she called. She rattled off the itinerary and I will be picking her up about 4:30 Friday evening. Gee whiz, twist my arm for a reason to leave the office early. So now I have to figure out what to do. If the weather is nice, she wants to spend Saturday, or a better part of it, on the lake. Works for me. Heavy shopping is required as well since she has never been to Southpark and has her mother's knack for being able to blow through serious cash in a matter of a couple hours. That's all fine and dandy. I get to stare at the other women out shopping and have a valid excuse for being there. Plus I get a females opinion on stuff I need as I have a gift certificate to burn on some work clothes as well. The quandary comes down to night time entertainment. Skippy and Poot will both be here and we will want to drink. I see no problem in letting her join in but to what extent. I think part of being a good big brother is not necessarily sheltering her but teaching her some of the tricks so she knows better down the road. I am pretty sure Friday, I am going to take her to dinner and get her hammered at the apartment. Does anyone else think this is wrong? It's not like she doesn't sneak around at home. Hell, it might even be fun. I have forgotten what it is like to have a "new drunk" around. If only we could coerce Mac. Anyway, thoughts on stuff to do are always appreciated and opinions on my ideas are encouraged, especially this time around.

7 comments:

Poot said...

Were you drunk when you wrote this, or do you always type like a 3 year old... I told you earlier that I would take your sister off your hands for the weekend. My hands are free.

The Double D said...

No clue what you are talking about. Other than my general incoherence everything looks to be fine...especially according to MS Word.

Nobrainer said...

Having no little sibs, I'm not sure what to suggest. I think if I had a little brother, I'd let him get hammered. A little sister, on the other hand, I'd let her drink but try to keep her in line. Plus I'd recommend beer. Get her past the froo froo drinks so that she'll get automatic respect in college.

Poot said...

OK, obviously you re-read your post and corrected all the mistakes making me look like the ass that cant read.

The Double D said...

Poot...ya caught me, ya caught the Double D.

The Double D said...

Was it the blatant reference to MS Word shortly after I should have been at work this morning that gave it away? Surely not.

Lawtonfunk said...

Watch our for Skippy, we all know how he likes to nail peoples family members.

This reminds me of my favorite Family Guy Quote:

(Meg's friends slumber party)
Quagmire: How old are you?
Meg's Friend: 16
Quagmire: 18
Meg's Friend: Uh, I'm gonna go get my mom.
Quagmire: I like where this is going.