Tuesday, July 12, 2005

With our powers combined

Well, three JDGA members now reside under one roof (and a really nice black guy). Teh move literally took all weekend. Poot thought we could knock it out in one night, I knew better but the extent of what follows boggles my mind.
Skippy and I began packing him in the Uhaul about 3PM on Friday. He had most of hit stuff in a form good for packing but my god son, that was a lot of stuff. Around 5PM it dawned on me that the office may be closing before too late and we had paperwork everyone had to sign. Skippy lived half way across town and a notorious traffic jam area was between us and the apartment. We throw his hanging clothes in the XTerra nad take off. Paperwork done and Skippy's clothes hanging so that ironing will be minimal later on we go back for the full UHaul, my jeep (loaded) and mostly fill the Xterra again. Keep in mind we are moving three people into one 1300 sq ft dwelling with limited closet and storage space and no garage included.
Emptying the Xterra completed around 7PM with the debauchery apartment being mostly full as Poot had moved his closet cross complex while waiting on Skippy and I to return. We fill the UHaul, Poot's ride and the Jeep at least two more times Friday night. The only thinsg that get remotely unpacked/set-up included the bedroom furniture and living room furnitue. The kitchen and remaining floor space in all rooms is a mess. We call it a night about 2:30AM. I have class at 9:30 saturday morning scheduled to last until 5:30, they have to be done with the UHaul and returned by 2 PM. I go to class and call in for a check up around lunch. They are pissed at finding a home for the crap pull out couch of mine, a story for someone elses blog but definitely worthy of posting. I return home and spin into a dimension of pissed off around 4:30/ Poot and Skippy are at the pool with Jessie and Gene drinking. The apartment is still a mess. Is till have a bunch of crap in the old place (which I planned to move on my own anyway) but the kitchen hasn't been touched. They also have ceiling fan/light installed. I convinently need one too but certain people's comfort are more important than getting crap moved. I guess one Depot run couldn't wait.
Moving commences shortly afternoon on Sunday as we were all up until 1:30 opr two again, with at least some unpacking done and things starting to take place. Rumor of a blue spandex sighting at the complex pool party lit a fire under us and we got the remaining odds and ends out while giving the old joint a lick and a promise cleaning job. We hit the pool around 4:45 Sunday afternoon.
As it stands, most crap is packed away. I have some stuff sitting out still but had to work late last night and have class tonight. By tomorrow evening, everything should be in working order and things should be good to go.
For those coming to visit we are now in the building immediately to the left of the main entrance. 5606-201 Oakcrest Green Dr.
On a sad note, the collection has been tossed to hhe dumpster kings. Many humorous pictures were taken and a panaromic is in the works of the 21 bottles. Think nothing but a black and white shot, clean background with nothing else on the ends. There are some good staged photos as well. I'll keep you posted on those.
I will say things may get interesting with the differnece in living conditions and opinions. Let's just say a lot of money better be saved. Hopefully things will settle out and everyone will get in a comfortable groove. Having everything stored away should help get things off to a decent start...that and a bottle of liquor consumed in a rapid fashion. We have a solid goald of 25 bottles by July 10, 2006. You heard it hear first.

5 comments:

Nobrainer said...

Yup, moving sucks.

I reckon it might be 'til August before I get to check out the new place and the floor I'll sleep on. heh.

Agent Orange said...

hmm I got free weekends comin up and the last time was so much fun we might crash again soon!

The Double D said...

I am booked the next two for sure. I'll keep you posted after that but may have family in town. Let me know which weekends.

Poot said...

That first bottle of liquor has been cracked... and it is as tasty as ever. Slide on over to my palace and I will fill you in on the couch dumping.

Nobrainer said...

You 3 in an apartment? What could go wrong?