Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Demo-craps and my favorite shows

Okay, so the apartment had an epiphany last night. As you know, ABC has wedged in this crap drama called “Commander in Chief” about Jenna Davis becoming President, blah, blah, blah. It’s not the show so much that gets me as the time slot. They put this liberal filth right after mindless redneck comedies such as “According to Jim” and “Rodney.” These shows serve their purpose well, giving me a good chuckle or two as I prepare/eat dinner. Next falls this liberal crap which we have decide is being used simply to dumb America down more for the Hillary ’08 push that will ensue in t-minus, no, wait, 2 days after Bush’s re-election, that already lifted off. Here it what I know about the show. It’s unrealistic, Donald Sutherland’s character doesn’t think she should continue in her position. Kudos to the character. Boo for him being involved in this crap. I expected nothing less of Ms Davis. Anyway, by sliding this in, the typical American knucklehead is exposed to this attempt to desensitize before their nerves can twitch quick enough to what ever channel your NBC affiliate runs on to catch more redneck humor with “My Name is Earl.” Even those who make conscience attempts to avoid this brainwashing end up being somewhat exposed. If not from the previews that run during every major ABC program commercial break and intro to the show but to the last few minutes and previews of next weeks episode after we have switched back to ABC for “Boston Legal,” one of the finer shows currently airing, if not the funniest. Now, I salute ABC for their new line of shows over the past year or so. This garbage is getting good reviews and ratings (Thanks liberal media who are behind this plot!) but “Desperate Housewives” and the aforementioned Legal hold their own and I make time to watch them. I find humor in “Grey’s Anatomy” and enjoy Katherine Heigl’s scenes especially. “Lost” seems to get great reviews, an Emmy, and has a large following of people as well, though I have never really been into it. Note, all these shows have plots and are not of the reality genre. Good for them. My only problem is why did ABC have to screw with the rotation. Housewives and Legal were a slam dunk for locking people into the Sunday night spot. I think most watch the redneck comedy regardless. I know Grey’s came on strong Sunday’s in the Legal time spot, and Legal could hold it’s own anywhere else on the schedule, especially in a typically weak Tuesday night spot. Why though, did they have to put this commander crap in I ask, why?! I’ll tell you this. It wasn’t to lock up Tuesday’s as obviously with the addition of Legal they were getting the intellectual, late adult crowd and had the average Joe families already locked up in primetime. It’s simply a ploy to get he public used to idea of a woman President, I.E. Hillary. Easily attempted considering they are exposing two typically different demographics, with a wide range of political affiliation (working class, conservative, and upper crust across the board) to this theme and that it is ok. Disclaimer time: Now, if a female candidate comes along in the next 25 years and they are the best candidate (Mrs. Rice) I may vote for them, especially based on where they stand on issues, and if they run as the lead candidate. This seems like too much of a setup though with the VP stepping into office, ala what we see coming with Senator I can’t keep my husband, the former President, happy. Ok, so I have plugged my favorite shows, got that little bit of frustration off my chest, and exposed the liberal subplot. I feel better.

No comments: